Starting today, April 19, 2023, Nazarene Missions International in the Mesoamerica Region is calling all Nazarenes to intercede in the next 40 days for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit on our churches and nations. An overview of the campaign is provided below, and the entire devotional plan can be accessed at the link below. Would you join with us in praying and fasting as we expect great things from God on and after Pentecost Sunday?
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.” (1 John 5:14-15)
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)
General Purpose: Promote prayer in the Mesoamerica Region in order to build our lives in accordance with God’s purposes.
Specific Pentecost Day Purpose: Establish 24 hours of constant prayer in every local church on May 28, 2023, and intercede for families, towns, cities, communities, government leaders and for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on his people.
- Challenge individuals, families, and congregations to pray and seek to edify their lives according to God’s purposes.
- Establish places of prayer in homes and churches.
- Provide resources for intense involvement in prayer.
- Lead people to repentance and renewal on Pentecost Sunday.
Weekly 2023 Prayer Emphases
April 19 to 26 – HOLINESS – Living Holiness in Modern Times
April 27 to May 4 – EDIFICATION – Jesus the Center of my Life
May 5 to 12 – BEING DISCIPLES – Like Jesus
May 13 to 20 – MAKING DISCIPLES – In the Cities and among Children and Youth
May 21 to 28 – STEWARDSHIP – Gifts, Talents, and Resources at the Service of God
“But I pray not only for these, but also for those who must believe in me because of their word.” (John 17:20)
Suggestions for Greater Reach and Effectiveness
- Make reminders or share the designated prayer requests with friends, family, and siblings via email.
- Do concerts of prayer and praise with youth.
- Organize prayer breakfasts.
- Maintain a prayer room in your church building for those who wish to come and pray. Assign one person each day to welcome and serve those who arrive.
- Organize services of praise and thanksgiving for requests that God has answered.
- Set up family prayer chains and group texts.
- Set up ministry prayer chains and group texts.
- Organize prayer vigils.
- Set up prayer chains between churches.
- If able, fast at different intervals and moments during the 40 days.
- Make and distribute prayer commitment cards.
- Keep a record of the people who are involved in this prayer time.
Concluding Pledge: As sent people who respond to the call of Christ, we begin these 40 Days of Prayer in accordance with our values and mission. We boldly recognize that the Holy Spirit enables us to go into the world to testify to the lordship of Christ and participate with God in building up the church and extending his kingdom! (2 Corinthians 6:1)
Leave a Reply