As regional leaders, we have recently felt a burden to intercede greatly for Haiti. This week we received the following report and prayer requests from the Church of the Nazarene’s leaders there.
Haiti and its districts are going through a very complicated time, but now it has grown even more difficult. Insecurity and vandalism are on the rise; only those who believe in God continue to keep their faith and their eyes on God. Bandits enter houses when people are asleep, taking them away, making them pay ransom, and even beating and raping them. Sometimes, after killing them, even the corpses of the murdered people are not given to their families to be buried.
- Pray for the unity of the country’s Christians, that they would come together to evangelize the world in praise and worship.
- Pray for more messages of sanctification to arrive in this time we live in, because the devil comes in all his guises.
- Pray for all the superintendents, the pastors, the deacons, the NYI presidents, the NMI presidents, the Sunday School teachers, the officers of each church and the districts of Haiti. Pray that God will give them wisdom, humility, and patience so that others will see that they are Christian leaders and that they can draw other people around them to God and come and worship with them.
- Pray for families, that there be more love in their homes and that they would walk in holiness.
- Pray that the young people will be responsible for the spiritual activities of the country, and that they know that they are the flowers of the church and that God trusts them a lot. Youth are needed: sanctified young people who walk in faith.
- Pray for all Christians who cannot live at home and those who have left their area of origin so that they are not kidnapped, beaten, killed or raped to make them suffer.
- Pray for all State institutions, pray for respect for the laws. Ask God to change the hearts of the country’s leaders, so that they become aware that the Haitian people want to live in peace.
- Pray for all the police in the country, that they would have the will to fight against all the dishonest acts that are taking place in the society where they live.
- Pray for all the gangs in the country, that God touches their hearts, that they would know that despite everything they are doing, they are people above all else.
- Pray that God will lead Haiti out of the unemployment and insecurity that oppresses the Haitian people.
- Pray that all the churches do not close their doors due to the problem of insecurity that afflicts Haiti.
- Pray for all the members of the local churches who are going through great pain. They face a food crisis and daily insecurity. Churches cannot function properly because the gangs do not give them the freedom to do activities.
- Pray for unity in the districts, that they would have the same heart, mind, vision and will.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN PRAYER! We are praying that our Christians will trust God on all levels and that they will always keep faith in God.
“…If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place” (2 Chronicles 7:14-15).
PRAYING FOR THE CHURCH AND ASKING GOD FOR HIS DEVINE HELP!