The second Global Mission coordinators’ retreat for the Northcentral field was held May 17-19. Nine coordinators from Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua participated in the retreat, along with several of the young people they are discipling and preparing for missions.
During the retreat, the participants:
- Heard testimonies about how God is working in the lives of young people in the field, as well as the progress and current reach of the Global Mission ministry.
- Learned about their roles and responsibilities as district coordinators.
- Understood the importance of discipleship and follow-up for young people with a missionary call.
- Heard testimonies about what God is doing in the Mesoamerica Region through the Genesis ministry.
- Enjoyed times of fellowship, worship, and the Lord’s Supper.
- Reflected on and confirmed God’s call on their lives.
- Shared the gospel with the community of Apastepeque, San Vicente in a creative way, through a mini-circus.
God really blessed this time together, and we could see the Holy Spirit moving in the life of each participant.
I thank God for the opportunity He has given me to serve in the Global Mission ministry in the Northcentral field. I also thank God for the lives of our leaders and servants: Scott and Emily Armstrong, and Leonel and Maria Luisa de León.
After the conclusion of the coordinators’ retreat, the young people sat down to share their feelings about the retreat. They decided to fast as a team one day each week and also pray for our field, our vision and ministry, as well as for the Genesis missionaries currently on the field.
–Luz Jimenez, North Central Field Global Mission Coordinator.