ENCUENTRO GUATEMALA 2020
“Serve and experience transformation”
- General Description: We seek to offer a two-week missions opportunity in the summer of 2020, where youth from the United States, Canada, and the Mesoamerica Region will minister together, specifically from June 20th to July 4th.
Expose youth with a missions call to a cross-cultural experience.
- Provide youth from the Mesoamerica Region a missions opportunity so that they may confirm their call in a cross-cultural missions environment.
- Guide participants in responding to God’s call on their lives and allow them to become familiar with several different missions opportunities available in our denomination.
- Engage in evangelism using a variety of creative methods.
- Minister holistically to the communities of the Central District of Guatemala during the Encuentro event.
- Promote volunteer missions trips in our districts and local churches, encouraging the financial support and sending of our own missionaries.
- Justification: Encuentro Missions provides missions opportunities for any young person with a call. During the past 50 years, EM has facilitated trips to the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, Peru, Guatemala, and Costa Rica. More than 250,000 students have participated, which has resulted in more than 2 million children and adults hearing the gospel message through Encuentro events. This year (2020), Encuentro visits Guatemala again, partnering with local Churches of the Nazarene in order to aide in Vacation Bible Schools, church planting, medical clinics, and small-scale construction events, all in the name of impacting the communities where the churches are located. The North Central Field of the Mesoamerica Region has the privilege of hosting Encuentro in Guatemala. We have come alongside the vision of Encuentro Missions and together will show the love and compassion of Jesus, sharing his message to the needy and lost, and provide a cross-cultural missions opportunity for all those youth from our region who testify to a call to ministry.
- Candidate Selection
Each GM Coordinator in the 5 fields of the region will be in charge of disseminating this information. The idea is to recruit the highest number of youth possible.
- Be a member of the Church of the Nazarene
- Testify to a call to ministry and/or a desire to serve cross-culturally
- Have participated in a Cross-Cultural Orientation (CCO)
- Have participated in a missions experience of at least 3 days previously
- Be 18 years old or older
- Be a leader in the local church or district
- Possess an intermediate knowledge of the English language
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from their pastor
After the candidate has received approval from their pastor, he/she should contact their Field Global Missions Coordinator in order to fill out the Exploring Missions Form online. Registrations will be accepted through May 2020.
- Financial Timeline
Transportation on site
If you would like to download the complete document with Encuentro information, please click on this link
Leave a Reply