By: Rev. Milton Gay
Acts 8:35 – “Then Philip, beginning with that very passage of Scripture, announced the good news about Jesus.”
One of the important characteristics of Philip was obedience to the Holy Spirit and the angel of the Lord, as they guided him where he needed to share God’s grace with the Eunuch.
The Eunuch was reading the scripture and he did not understand anything he was reading. For that reason, God sent him Philip known as the evangelist, to ask him a powerful question. Did you understand what you read? And the high official asked him who the prophet was speaking about, referring to the passage of Isaiah 53: 7. After that Philip began to share the gospel until he led him to make the decision to be baptized.
Philip masterfully shared the gospel and that is the call for everyone at this time. Many people do not understand the Bible and need men and women who have the desire to share grace, love and hope.
In this month, prepare your church and encourage them to share Jesus with their friends, colleagues and neighbors and to lead them to the knowledge of life and truth.
The Eunuch believed, asked to be baptized, and joyfully went on his way.
We continue to join in prayer for Evangelism of the Mesoamerica Region.
- Pray for pastors and Church boards to encourage evangelism.
- Pray for local churches to form their evangelism teams.
- Pray that the NMI and evangelism presidents will work toward fulfilling the mission.
- Pray for districts to support world evangelism.
- Let us pray for the leadership of the Mesoamerica Region.
Pray for the Impact Mentoring update.
- Pray that all districts and leaders in the Region will be involved in the reproduction of this latest update “Relational Mentoring Strategy.”
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN PRAYER!
“…if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.” 2 Chronicles 7:14-15